VisionOhio focuses on Ohio church planting, but we are not alone on
this globe. Grace Brethren church leaders around the world are seeing
the need to raise up leaders and plant new churches. Charis
International has created a mission document for Grace Brethren
churches all over the world. You can view it below on this page, or
download a well-formatted pdf by CLICKING HERE to print and share with other leaders.
is a multinational network of Grace Brethren church planters and
developers [Canada, 1996], whose values are defined by the pursuit of
biblical truth, biblical relationships, and biblical mission
[Argentina, 1999]. The delegates of the 2008 International Conference
affirm the following Commitment to Common Mission and encourage the
participation of the Grace Brethren churches worldwide:
We affirm that the church is God’s plan for this age and commit to mobilize our members and resources to plant new churches because:
• the Church is a fruitful community in which disciples are made (Acts 2:42-47; Eph 4:11-16)
• the Church calls the lost to be reconciled to Christ through its evangelistic efforts (2 Cor. 5:16-21)
• the Church displays the multifaceted wisdom of God (Eph 3:10-11)
• through the Church God is glorified in Christ Jesus (Eph 3:21)
Therefore, we call upon:
• every National Fellowship or Association of Grace Brethren Churches to designate 2010-2020 as the decade of multiplication in which every church will be mobilized to reproduce itself through planting one or more new churches.
We affirm that a leader is a person who influences others towards the fulfillment of defined objectives and is indispensable to the health and multiplication of the Church. We affirm that leadership training:
• Seeks the equal development of character, knowledge and skills according to giftedness.
• Is a life-long process involving mentors who share their example, values, convictions and experience
• Protects existing leaders from temptations such as pride, exhaustion, family neglect, immorality, isolation, through accountability and team work.
We call upon the churches:
- Teach the fundamentals (from salvation to baptism)
- Enlist in ministry service (from baptism to service)
- Train leaders according to gifting (from service to leadership)
- Empower leaders to train others according to gifting (from leadership to coaching)
- Encourage a life of wisdom (family & work ethics, etc.)
We affirm that God has created human beings with physical, emotional and spiritual needs and that the Church expresses the compassion of Christ in proclaiming the Gospel while caring for various needs of mankind.
We call upon the Church to bless believers, strengthen churches and reach the lost by showing the works which reflect true faith (Jam 2.26):
• Promoting economic, family, and personal development,
• Encouraging the development of businesses with a missionary focus (Business As Mission)
recognize that this is still an investigative avenue for mission. We
encourage churches to deepen their theological understanding (cf.
Charis paper) and further refine the principles governing holistic